west side of
bury st edmunds
For the west side of Bury St Edmunds, our Food Bank allow us to support those in our community who need it most. Therefore if you are able to add a few of the items (e.g. Tins of tuna, meat, veg or meals, jars of pasta sauces or multipacks of crisps etc) to your weekly shop and drop them off at church (please contact the office for details) this would be greatly appreciated.
Equally if you are in need of food, utility bills to be paid, white goods or furniture, we may well be able to help in bringing some relief so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We as a church want to stand alongside those who are struggling, feeling vulnerable or marginalised in that we offer support:
- For seniors and the lonely by providing calls, visits and activities to help people connect with others.
- Through mentoring, coaching and advocacy for vulnerable kids, youth and families when they are going through tough times.
- For those struggling with addiction through teaching, small groups and one to one friendships.
- For homeless men to prepare them for self-supported living.
We run regular activities to help people connect, make friends and discover community. These activities include:
- Mother and Toddler group, meeting each Monday from 1pm to 2.30pm. Click here for more info
- Weekly Coffee and Connect
Monday 9.45-12 at Westbury Community Centre
Friday 9.30-12 at Bridge Community Church on West Road
- Monthly Men’s Events
- Monthly Friendship Tea 14.00-16.00 second Wednesday of the month at Bridge Community Church on West Road
across the town of
bury st edmunds
Across the town of Bury St Edmunds, we collaborate with other churches, schools, supermarkets, social initiatives, specialist organisations such as BCY and Sporting87. Through these partnerships, we aim to demonstrate the love of Jesus by showing concern for the general and spiritual welfare of people in providing practical help to those who need it in our town.
Beyond Bury St Edmunds
Building on the legacy of West Road Church, we support outreach beyond Bury St Edmunds both in the UK and abroad by funding those involved to bring hope to those they serve. This includes student and refuge work in different parts of Europe. Bible translation, literature projects and poverty relief in Africa.